5 days into the newest, longest, and most interesting chapter of my life (being a dad), I can already see some parallels between being a teacher and being a parent of a newborn.
1. I'm not as smart as I think I am.
2. It doesn't really matter what worked for someone else, what works for this kid is what works for this kid.
3. Methods may vary, but it's the objective that matters.
4. Kids are resilient as well as fragile.
5. What worked well two days ago may not work two days from now.
6. Patience, patience, patience.
7. Love should be the cornerstone.
I could probably go on, but these are the first seven that scroll through my head. Oh yeah, one more:
8. It's one of the best vocations in the world.